How can we help?
How does the ordering process work?
Delivery & Payment questions
- Do you have a shop that I can visit and see the scooters?
- How long does it take for my scooter to arrive after I order?
- Do you deliver in evenings and weekends?
- Where do you deliver?
- What if I change my mind after I ordered online, but before the scooter got delivered?
- How do I pay?
- Can I rent/hire a scooter for a couple days/weeks/months?
- Can you deliver internationally?
- Can I get a discount when I place a bulk order?
- Can you deliver the scooter unassembled?
No, we only sell online at the moment, sorry about that.
If you choose to do the license plate registration yourself, we will deliver in stock items to you in a couple of days. When you would like us to do the registration on your behalf, it needs about two weeks. When that is completed we will deliver the scooter to you as soon as possible after to have coordinated the best date and time with you.
Yes, we deliver between 10am and 10pm, 7 days a week. We try to find the most convenient time for you.
We deliver for free (almost) everywhere in Shanghai. If you live in the outskirts, we charge an extra deliver fee, but only if you live really far out. We define "really far out" as everything beyond the S20 highway. That's the big highway that borders Hongqiao Airport in the West, Luoshan Road metro stop to the South, Jinshui Road metro stop to the East and the boat to Chongming Island to the North. So unless you live on Pudong Airport, you're very likely safe. We made a map anyway.
Sorry, your online purchase is binding. The reason for this is because the scooters are assembled upon your order, we have therefore already made costs before your scooter gets delivered.
You can pay cash on delivery, or use your Chinese bank card to pay on delivery. We also accept Wechat and Alipay payment transfers to our delivery guy.
No, at the moment we only sell scooters and don't offer rental options.
No, we don't deliver internationally, sorry.
Yes, we're able to give discounts on orders of 3 scooters or more. Just drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs.
Yes, but only on orders of 3 scooters or more. Just let us know how you'd like to receive yours.
Registration & License questions
- Are the scooters you sell legal to drive in Shanghai?
- What does the registration look like and how does that work?
- Do the scooters have or require a license plate?
- Will I get an invoice (fapiao)?
Yes, all the scooters we sell are legal to drive in Shanghai. You can register the scooter yourself so it will have a license plate under your name. Also, you don't need a driving license to drive the scooters that we sell. See here a manual on how to register.
It's a very simple process. No Chinese needed. Download the registration instructions here. We can deliver the scooter to you as soon as possible in the right setup and all necessary documents. Then you can pick a suitable time to go to the registration office with your scooter. You can drive up to two months after purchase without a license. After you placed your order, a customer service agent will contact you to follow up.
Yes, the scooters will require a license plate in order for it to be legal to drive it. See question above.
Please let us know (by leaving a note on the check-out page) if you need a fapiao.
Warranty & Repairs questions
- Can I return the scooter if I'm not happy with it?
- What if my scooter breaks down?
- What if I had an accident and I need parts?
- What if I really want Bikes Shanghai to fix my bike even though it is not the battery or engine that's broken?
- Can you retrofit or upgrade my existing scooter that I bought elsewhere?
- Do you also buy used scooters back?
Sorry, we have a no-returns policy. But if you're not happy, we would love to hear from you and see how we can make you happy. We're pretty flexible.
To keep you on the road, prices low and deliver the service you need, Bikes Shanghai works with a shared responsibility model. What this means is that we have your back, and you have ours.
The customers’ responsibility
- We advise all our customers to thoroughly check the bike upon delivery for faults, as this is the only time when we can still fix your bikes consumables for free.
- The customer is responsible for all the bikes consumables. This means things like tires, wheels, lights, horn, brakes and all other things that can wear and tear.
Bikes Shanghai’s commitment to its customer
- No need for up front cash commitments before you actually get to see your bike.
- We will give you 6 months warranty on one of your bike’s most essential part: the battery. If there is a significant drop in performance within these 6 months please contact us.
- Another 6 months of warranty on the engine of the bike. We want to keep you moving and this is an essential part of the bike to do so.
- Bikes Shanghai commits towards finding the best, most reliable suppliers of electric scooters.
Can you give me a real world example?
Consumables can often be fixed by a local/street mechanic for a fraction of the price that we can provide including transport and labor. For example if your bike develops a squealing sound after a couple months, chances are that a local mechanic can fix this for you for under 50RMB.
In the rare case your scooter broke an essential piece that prohibits it from any driving or has a significant manufacturing mistake that prohibits the scooter from driving and this issue occurs after a short time frame after delivery (less than a month), then you will be eligible to go to our shop in the city centre for a free fix of the problem. This is assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Tell us the parts you need and we can deliver them to you fast and conveniently.
We are able to quote service at a case-by-case basis. Please note that this will include labor, transport and parts costs.
No, we don't retrofit or upgrade scooters that are not from Bikes Shanghai, as we can guarantee the compatibility with our parts.
No, we don't buy any scooter back, we only sell.